Slide show

Saturday, January 5, 2013

How Long



Tomorrow ticks
On the intersection of heart
And backbone
You asked how long
I was maybe sixteen
Thirty sounded okay
Don’t know what to say
it was a life time away
Answered with a cliché
The day splits the night
All I want is to play
Tomorrow arrived
That question came again
Touching thirty this time
too drunk to stay on the floor
Cryptic cliché was the answer
I hate the dawn
The silence before the sun looks
Almost as if the earth is taking a breath
Why was not voiced
But it was in your eyes
So we took a walk
On the street made of ice
Past that intersection of make believe
We walked till that ice was something else
Working the kryptonite out
Its control of a soul
A journey to stand up
And face a new fear
Evolutionary irony
That first question
So many years ago
Was hard to see past the day
A walk till the ice was something else
Slowly consciousness dawned
Footsteps as the sun crests
Motor cycle ripped apart
Mangled all about
As another ticks down
I put my thumb out
And hitched back to town
Now I ask how long

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hеy theгe! Someone іn my Мyspace group shareԁ thiѕ sitе with
uѕ so I came to give it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bοokmarking and wіll be twеeting this to my followers!

Wondеrful blog and brilliant style and design.
My webpage ; http://salilab.org/modeller/wiki/Vernell8Q