Slide show

Friday, September 30, 2011

Vampire butterflies

Vampire butterflies....
come out during the night
never breathing
searching in vain this time

Masks painted on
Looking for one
To sink their teeth in
Moths flutter around them

They dance in the throbbing light
Swaying the crowd
Moths drop to the floor
No strong enough I guess

I seen her dance
Spread her wings
Looking colourful in a simple white t shirt
Her eyes penetrate mine

Luckily it was closing time
She drifts across the floor
Why didn’t you ask me to dance?
You seem to be busy

Vampire butterflies
T shirt looking fine
Dancing in the throbbing light
Luckily it was closing time
Because I would have been on the ground

What do you look like in the sun light
she answers with her eyes
getting on my bike
maybe I should have danced

2 comments:

neil child said...

Are these butterflies really barflies?

Anonymous said...

Flies do like the throbbing lights and feeding on the crumbs of left overs.