Slide show

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shadows Awake

Shadows awake from a deep sleep

Disturbing the covers

Dreamy eyed looking up and wondering
The clock reads four o seven am

The shadows look down
Then disappear out a window

What are you trying to tell me?
Visiting every night

Stars look through the window
Cassiopeia calls from the past

Her unrivalled beauty haunting purple
As she walks on the back of a black tortoise
Accompanied by her white tiger
The red tree off to the left

Old woman’s words forecasting the past
I was jealous of my son
He got my dad’s attention
When he would give me none
When my son died
Freezing to death
At the bottom of those stairs
My dad was lost
And I said to him
I am still here
And he smiled

The shadows can find
Trying to tell their stories

From the past
From the future
Living in the now

Ironically it says
Today the Angel will say

It is okay to go that way
Evidence is grounded in water

No comments: