Slide show

Monday, July 11, 2011

Totally Random Conversation

Standing in a checkout line any where this happened to me yesterday evening on the way home from work. The temperature was hot as in plus 30 c outside and writers always say weird things happen when it is hot out.
I looked up from purchases and adding the prices up in my head to a pair of eyes staring at me saying Hi.
I say How you doing? The older gentleman around 75 plus says “I am on this side of the grass so it’s a good day If I was on the other side on the grass I would not care and I would have no worries!”
What can one say to a statement like? I awkwardly respond with I guess you wouldn’t.
The Old man now says “My sister would have to worry about it and I told her to bury me with a flash light and two packs of smokes and a lighter!” “You Know why right?” he says.
Of course there is no light and at least you don’t want her pipe in CBC was all I could think of as a response
He giggles a little and thinks about it for a second. He comes back with “My sister always said that she would only buy the items if she could get it at the dollar store and wonders why someone would think like that?”
I am thinking to myself what is it about me that people want to share their thoughts in a checkout line with me but all that comes out why you must watch HBO.
The old guy and line of people laugh except the lady between him and me. She just stares ahead with mortal fear in her eyes.
He is still giggling as I pay for my purchases and quickly make my way out of the stare.
Somehow the lady that was behind me in line and between the guy and I beats me out of the store.
Menu to self say Hello when someone says HI

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha,,,sweet story...
How are you?! lol ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi

Anonymous said...

LOL! Nice!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking hello but Hi came out...

Anonymous said...

Well then, hello, hi, and how are you!?

Anonymous said...

I am fine. And You?

Anonymous said...

Well, where should I start! Lol!

Anonymous said...

Lol....What about nice shoes where did you get them

Anonymous said...

Oh and let's not forget, is that a tatoo ring on your toe?

Anonymous said...

Tatoo ring on your toe!!! bahahahahaha Nice....I see the benefits of saying hello...But talk about an ice breaker.....