Slide show

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

haunting moon



The haunting moon
Sounds so eerie as the coyotes call
Hunting in the dark
Running their prey down
In silence they do chomp
A silver shadow beckons
Lining the shadows in light
The sound carries in the calm
Children of the moon dance
Playing in the dark
Screaming at the moon
As if it was they were heard
There is no grey in the dark
No lines in the sand
To jump across
Swimming in the moon light
Rippling in the white caps
In silence they do watch
Children of the moon play
Unhindered by conscience thought
Doing things they wouldn’t during the day
Shielded by the moon’s shadow
Slowly the moon makes it way
Across the horizon
In such away
That lets you know
The silver reflection will be back
In the dark of tonight
The children on the moon sleep
The haunting moon lingers

2 comments:

neil child said...

The afternoon moon belongs to my son because ... he looks at it and laughs.
It used to belong to me but ... at night I never laughed.

(Just an old poem that I wrote when I was a young man.)

Also, I quite like moon themes. My favorite Western ... The Stalking Moon (Gregory Peck).

williampwright said...

Neil, how does the rest of the poem go?You should share here....