Slide show

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Once you know the Artist!

If someone stops loving you
Are they a different person?
Like seeing home in new places
Sometimes in green
And sometimes in blue
Hard to hang on too
Impossible to grasp
Smoke in the haze
Unlikely to repeat
A painting looks different
Once you get to know the artist
Regretting choices
Dwelling on mistakes
Seeking the tangible
If someone stops loving
Are they different or are you
Home looks different
Sometimes in green
Sometimes in blue
The sun sets everywhere
Touching all our souls
But sometimes it takes longer
When the horizon is no longer in sight
Chemical imbalance between what is wrong
And what feels right
I can almost hear the smirk
A little serious with malice

2 comments:

neil child said...

I love that line ... once you know the artist! (I'm thinking that could have been the title.)

williampwright said...

Thank you Neil. I am thinking that I can do that.